Saturday 14 April 2012

Favourite Quotes: Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik


“Juliana's a year older than me, but she sometimes seems younger - mostly because she's the opposite of cynical and I'm the opposite of the opposite of cynical.” 


“He only invited me because of you and Chase.'
'Right,' she said, following me inside. 'He's never shown the slightest interest in you before. I mean, he's never stared at you like you're the only person in the room when we're all together. Or sulked around for days because you turned him down for a dance. Or touched the sleeve of your sweater when he thinks no one's looking-'
'He's never done any of that,' I said. Then, less confidently, 'Has he?”


“No one's family is normal. Normalcy is a lie invented by advertising agencies to make the rest of us feel inferior.” 

“I got lost in him, and it was the kind of lost that's exactly like being found.”

“He was wearing a plain white oxford unbuttoned over a T-shirt, but something about the way they fit made him look put together, like an Abercrombie model (well, like an Abercrombie model who had remembered to put on a shirt that morning).” 


“Man, I hated not being able to figure someone out. And from the slightly uncertain look he gave me as we all went to class, I suspected he felt the same way.” 


“And Derek was... what?
A pair of dark eyes that hid more than they revealed and some broad shoulders and a mouth that could be cold and thin and then suddenly widen into a generous grin just when you thought such a thing was impossible.”


“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.”...“Basically it means the world's a giant shit hole, but some of us are capable of imagining something better

“...and I had a feeling that someone like Juliana could get chewed up and spat out in a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment