Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review: Anna and the french kiss - Stephanie Perkins


My rating: ★★★
Book: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins 


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home. As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?


Okay How do i put this...this book was AMAZING! I loved every word of it. I could not put the book down I told myself i would read it slowly and not go overboard the way I read Not that kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivan in one night straight, i saw the sunrise that night. I read for about 2 hours one night, the second night I picked up the book I couldn't help it, i didnt want to leave that world, i coulnt bring myself to stop reading, i Read till 6am by the time i finished the book.

I knew this was going to be a great book, beacause of all the good reviews its got, but i did think it awas going to be your ususal boy meets girl contemporary romance, the ones where you could predict what happens, ans usually I can predict whats gonna happen but i actually culdnt, that was one thing I loved, I was absoltely amazed by the book.

Everything about it was just perfect.
Its a love story set in Paris, the city of love!!!

The characters where perfect, the story was perfect I don't even know what to say about this book other than that.

I loved Anna, I loved Etienne St. Clair, I hated Ellie from the start, I loved Mer and Josh, although initially I didn't like Rashmi, she did grow on me through the book.

The story line of this book is basically about falling in love with someone who isn't yours, and i guess finding your true love, the boy that was meant for you, and just you. I loved the chemistry between the characters, the way Anna was there for Etienne when he needed a friend she was a friend, she puts that above possibly having a relationship with the most perfect guy ever. Likewise, Etienne is there for her when she needs him. This book just captures everything about being in love and squeezes it into 300 or so pages.

I have to say that the ending, was so nice, it completed the whole book, just a great feel-good book. Although i like big endings, I don't think they even needed that in this book, everything ended the way it should have, the end of an amazing year and everyone's happy :)

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK I'VE READ SO FAR THIS YEAR!!

1 comment:

  1. I just read this a few months ago and absolutely LOVED IT.

    ReplyDelete