Tuesday 10 April 2012

Review: Not That Kind Of Girl by Siobhan Vivian


My rating: ★★★
Book: Not That Kind Of Girl
Author: Siobhan Vivian 


Natalie Sterling wants to be in control. She wants her friends to be loyal. She wants her classmates to elect her student council president. She wants to find the right guy, not the usual jerk her school has to offer. She wants a good reputation, because she believes that will lead to good things.
But life is messy, and it's very hard to be in control of it. Not when there are freshman girls running around in a pack, trying to get senior guys to sleep with them. Not when your friends have secrets they're no longer comfortable sharing. Not when the boy you once dismissed ends up being the boy you want to sleep with yourself - but only in secret, with nobody ever finding out.
Slut or saint? Winner or loser? Natalie is getting tired of these forced choices - and is now going to find a way to live life in the sometimes messy, sometimes wonderful in-between.


This book is basically about high school, boyfriends, relationships, pressure to be someone you're not (not from just friends but yourself and family), sexuality, friendships. It's not exactly the type of book I love but for what its worth the author did a great job, and someone interested in the pressures of high school would seriously love this book. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either.

I did read this book in one night straight, till 7am in the morning.

I have to say I didn't actually like Natalie's character much, but i did love Connor, he was true to her from the start before anything happened between them, he defended her when she wasn't there he was honest, throughout. It really does make you wonder how girls complicate things so much, how we think we're angels but everything isn't really as black and white as we want ourselves to believe.

I think I read the book for the romance more than anything, the message of the book itself was a bit all over the place I din't quite get it.

Overall, a good book, but i guess I didnt connect with it as much as I'd wished I had, but it was an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment